Correct me if I am wrong, but you are looking to know if the Long Tail Pro keyword research tool, is a good fit for your SEO tools arsenal.
Well, in our Long Tail Pro Review, we break everything you need to know to decide if this keyword research tool is good enough (quick hint: It is). This Long Tail Pro Review lays out the tool’s Pros & cons, who build it, what are its features, what others say, and even some Long Tail Pro competitors to spice up things a little bit.
Now, enough talking, let’s jump straight in…
Long Tail Pro Review – In A Glance
We care about people who hate reading, so here’s a short version of our (long) Long Tail Pro Review.
Long Tail Pro Review
Long Tail Pro specializes in finding long-tail keywords with low competition and is a user-friendly tool that saves immense amounts of time for users.
See the Current Long Tail Pro Pricing Here
According to websitesetup, today there are more than 600 million blogs on the internet – in every niche you can imagine. To stand out from the crowd and get people to notice you, you need to have the right SEO skills and the right SEO tools. One of these tools is called Long Tail Pro and it is the one we will be reviewing today.
Long Tail Pro specializes in long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords provide better conversions, as people are more inclined to use them when they are nearer to making a purchase.
Long-tail keywords help in SEO because:
- They reflect buyer intent better.
- They are less competitive.
- They help in focusing on profitable niches.
Long Tail Pro Pros & Cons
Let’s check some of LTP’s Pros and Cons.
- User-Friendly – The learning curve for new users is not steep, as operating it is pretty straightforward. Drop your keywords into the tool’s quick-analyze field, and see how they perform in the competition overall.
- In-depth Keyword Research Metrics – It features keyword research, rank tracking, custom keyword difficulty, backlink analysis, and keyword competitiveness checker. You can run a competitor and keyword analysis based on 13 metrics.
- Dissects Competitor Keyword Strategy – Enter your competitor’s page or domain and watch the tool analyze what makes their keyword strategy work.
- SERP Analysis – Enter 200 keywords manually, and the tool will start doing SERP analysis on them.
- Free Trial – They offer a 7-day free trial and a full 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Low Cost – Long Tail Pro cost significantly less than SEO tools such as Ahrefs and SemRush.
- Keyword Difficulty – easily see how easy your domain can rank for a keyword.
- Cloud-Based – LTP works in the cloud, no need to download it.
- Capped manual keywords – Unlike other keyword research tools that can operate an immense amount of keywords for seeding, LTP caps the number at 200.
- Fewer features (compared to other similar tools) – LTP does not offer that many features you can find in Ahrefs or SemRush.
- No Free Version – The company does not offer a free version of the tool.
- Bit Slow – It is also a bit slow compared to others, especially when working with a long list of keywords.
What Is Long Tail Pro?
Long Tail Pro is a keyword research tool that gives detailed information about the best keywords to target for your content creation efforts.
Anyone looking to appear on the first page of Google results can understand that using the ideal keywords is the best strategy to achieve that. Long Tail Pro is one of the tools you can use for that purpose.
Regardless of the niche, you are operating in, this Keyword Research Tool will help you uncover keywords that guarantee high online traffic.
To get those keywords, all you do is enter one seed keyword or your competitor’s page and the SEO software will extract hundreds of related keywords with their search metrics and their ranking difficulty score, compared against your domain.
You can then filter the results based on the number of words you want your keyword to have (long-tail keywords), its keyword difficulty, filter the results based on specific words you want your keywords to have (such as what, how, etc), or even combine the filters to filter the best long-tail keywords from hundreds of suggestions.
The Long Tail Pro software does not only provide the best ranking keywords to users, it also gives users information on competitiveness, position worth, and search volume.
The Rank Tracker tool of the software is the particular feature that makes this information accessible.
Along with this SEO tool, the company behind Long Tail Pro provides also a 7-day SEO boot camp. The courses cover everything you need to learn about SEO that will impact your site or blog performance.
Long Tail Pro is an SEO tool that helps you do faster keyword research. Just insert your seed keyword or your competitor’s page, hit the ”retrieve” button, and you are done. Hundreds of related keywords are being uncovered, along with super useful metrics to help you judge faster which ones you’ll target.
On top of that, you can filter your results based on various metrics to avoid skimming through hundreds of relevant keywords, making the process even faster.
Check the SEO tool’s Official Website Here
Long Tail Pro Owner – Who Built It and Who Owns It Now?
The genius behind LTP is the internet marketer and SEO Veteran Spencer Haws. As an internet marketer, he had used a lot of keyword research tools but none of them was filling his keyword research needs.
Not long after he quit his day job, he started developing a tool of his own Long Tail Pro. He launched it in 2011 for his company Long Tail Media LLC.
In the making of the software, Spencer used his experience in building affiliate niche sites to fine-tune it. The guy loves creating niche websites and helping everybody out there to achieve success through his blog.
The tool was a major success among SEOs. A couple of years later, Spencer received a lucrative offer (7 figures) and he decided to sell it. The company Growth Stack bought it and acquired Long Tail Pro.
With all the competition going on, the company vowed to make this software the best the industry has. For example, one of the huge developments the tool received was that it immediately moved into the cloud (no more downloading it).
Long Tail Pro is also beneficial for blogs, online stores, and personal websites.
Long Tail Pro was built by Spencer Haws, a veteran in the SEO industry, which he later sold the program, for seven figures, to a company called Growth Stack who continues to develop the project until today.
How Long Tail Pro Works?
Lon Tail Pro works by fetching data from Google. You can choose to fetch data for over 20+ languages and from over 20 different countries.
For example, if you are greek, you can retrieve data from Google’s Greek version or you can retrieve Greek keywords only.
The same feature is available for the SERP analysis feature or Competitor analysis how others prefer to call it.
The tool also performs other functions, including:
- SERP (Competitor) Analysis (based on 13 metrics) – Use the Competitor Keyword function to analyze the strategies your competition is using.
- Keyword Profitability – This function is the Rank Value feature of the tool. Based on estimated traffic and visitor, the tool computes the Rank Value of a keyword. Enter the keyword of choice and see how much income it can generate for your business if you are enrolled in ezoic or Google adsense.
- Rank Tracker – This feature performs daily checks of the keyword ranking of your site. Enter your URL and the target keyword.
With Long Tail Pro, you can say goodbye to your spreadsheets and simplify keyword research. This keyword research tool generates up to 400 long-tail keywords per click using only one keyword seed and presents it to you with various other metrics that will make your keyword selection process a breeze.
Long Tail Pro Characteristics/Features
Here is the complete list of features that LTP offers:
- Friendly User Interface: The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. Easily find the most effective keyword to use and do things quickly. The interface does not have confusing elements and uses simple language.
- Long-tail Keywords: You provide just one keyword, and then the tool will show a long list of long-tail keywords. Just enter the word that comes to your mind when thinking about your product or service. After you have inputted your word/keyword, the screen will show a list of relevant keywords. It will also show the competitiveness of each suggested keyword and their monthly search volumes.
- Custom Dashboard – Powerful Keyword Filtering System: The tool allows for customization based on the information that users want to see. Uncheck the boxes of data you do not need. If you do not need to know the rank value of the keywords you are testing, then uncheck the box provided for that data. The system allows for a clear view of data that only matters to your business.
- SERP Analysis: You want to know the competitiveness of keywords, and this feature allows you to see that. The information you can get through this includes an overview of the ranking of the keyword in search engine results and the kind of websites that rank high.
- Backlink Analysis: You also want to see the performance of the backlinks of your competitors. With this feature, you can decide the best places to put a guest post and also copy the linking strategies that work for your competitors.
TIP: Use Long Tail Pro to copy the linking strategies that work for your competitors.
- Rank Tracker: Monitor your page ranking continuously. This feature shows the pages of your website, how they are ranking, their position, and the keywords for which they rank high or low. Keyword rankings change over time, which this feature also allows you to track.
- Keyword Research Data: Here, there are two subcategories:
- SEO Difficulty – The software rates a keyword using three colors. Red is the color for keywords that rank very low. Green is the color for keywords that can easily rank high. Yellow means neither high nor low.
- Monthly Search Volume – This data gives the metric for the traffic you can attract to your site using a specific keyword. It is also the competitiveness score of that particular keyword. A score lower than 30 is a good level of competitiveness, while anything beyond 40 suggests doing more keyword research work.
- Paid Advertising: If pay-per-click (PPC) is a promotional strategy you are using, this function of Long Tail Pro can be beneficial. You want to know the bid price or the average cost for that, this part of the tool is the feature that can give you that information. The data also provides the current level of competition in paid advertising and gives you a chance to gain an additional placement in search results. If a specific keyword already places you at the top spot, you can always use the same keyword to gain another search engine placement in the future.
- Cloud-Based Platform: Long Tail Pro is cloud-based. This means that you don’t need to download anything to your computer.
- 24/7 Support: Long Tail Pro features an easy-to-use live-chat support system. If any questions arise, their support team is always there.
Long Tail Pro comes packed with an array of features making it a valuable SEO tool in your SEO arsenal. What I like the most though is that I don’t have to pay thousands per year to have the SEO tools I need to rank my websites, spy on my competitors and calculate my earnings.
Long Tail Pro Pricing
Long Tail Pro’s pricing is one of the most competitive and reasonable prices for such tools available in the market. It is one of the cheapest that starts from $25/mo when billed annualy.
The pricing scheme has two main categories – the annual and monthly categories, with both of these having three similar subcategories each. Thus, all in all, users can choose one of the six options available.
|Features||Annual Starter||Annual Pro||Annual Agency|
|Keyword lookups per 24 hours||800||2500||6000|
|KC calculations per 24 hours||800||2500||6000|
|SERP lookups per 24 hours||800||2500||6000|
|Plug-and-play template system|
|Complete suite of templates|
to scale your SEO
In the annual category, the user pays annually with the equivalent monthly payments of $25, $45, and $98, for subcategories Starter, Pro, and Agency, respectively. Compared to the monthly category, annual payments are lower by 33%, which is the same across all three subcategories.
TIP: If your business is new and this is your first time attempting to implement keyword research using a tool like this, try out the Starter subcategories. Get the free trial first, and then, later on, decide on either annual Starter or monthly Starter.
If afterward, you see your business needing more features available in the Pro and Agency category, you can make a switch and upgrade.
The good thing is any of the upgraded options are still some of the most affordable around, with other brands offering them twice or thrice of the prices of the same services by Long Tail Pro.
As a beginner, you may want to take advantage of the free webinars they offer and caring customer support. As you learn the ins and out of keyword research using Long Tail Pro, it helps to have experts you can reach out to when you need assistance the most.
LTP is a low-cost SEO keyword research tool when compared with the likes of Ahrefs and Semrush. It has 3 pricing plans available to be purchased monthly or annually. If bought annually you save 33% on the rates. Click here to check LTP’s full list of features.
Is There a Free Trial?
First-time users can avail themselves of 7 days of free rank tracking and keyword research. You may cancel anytime using the app or via support. The company also offers a full 10-day money-back guarantee.
How to Use Long Tail Pro to Uncover Long Tail Keywords that Are Easy to Rank?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Long Tail Pro.
Add Your Website
When you enter your LTP dashboard you will see an ”enter your domain” field. Click on it and add your website’s domain. This will calculate the competitiveness score based on your website’s SEO metrics.
Add Seed Keyword
Add a seed keyword to the appropriate field and choose how many keywords you would like LTP to retrieve. Hit the ”Retrieve” button and wait a couple of minutes. Long Tail Pro will retrieve hundreds of relevant keywords with metrics such as search volume, average bid amount, keyword competitiveness score, and more.
LTP offers a powerful filtering system that allows you to filter your results. For example, you might want to filter Keywords based on their keyword competitiveness score or based on the number of words a keyword has.
Display Competition Analysis
After your narrow your keyword results, you can start clicking on them to check their competitive analysis. Check the SERPs top 10 results. Who is ranking for that keyword? How many backlinks it has on that page? How many backlinks the seed domain has overall? What is their trust flow, domain power, etc? These metrics will help you understand your competition for each keyword.
The result will be to uncover Hundreds of Long Tail keywords and check their competition without changing many tabs and SEO tools. All your research can be done in 5 – 10 minutes.
The best part is that you will not have to even copy-paste them if you would like to present your findings to a client or something.
You’ll just export them using the handy export feature found in the upper right corner of the keyword results table.
Long Tail Pro is an extremely easy-to-use SEO Tool. The best part is that it helps you transform keyword research from a time-consuming and boring process to a speedy daily routine task. Click here to start using Long Tail Pro.
Long Tail Pro Reviews: What The SEO Community Thinks About this Tool
And… because you might think that in this Long Tail Pro review the author (that’s me) might be biased, I decided to search around the web and see what the SEO community is talking about Long Tail Pro.
Here are some of the most interesting Long Tail Pro Reviews that I’ve found from some notable SEO experts.
“Before you decide to pull the trigger on a business, you first have to figure out what you are going to sell. A tool that I highly recommend for this kind of niche research is Long Tail Pro”
“The software’s been around for a while, but as far as Keyword Research goes, I don’t see anything on the market that can beat it.”
“Fantastic for article + keyword research…as the name suggests, it helps uncover long-tail search queries otherwise missed!”
I’m a fan of Long Tail Pro! It’s a powerful keyword research tool that I’ve used and am very impressed with. I definitely recommend Long Tail Pro. It’s a must-have tool for any SEO or Internet Marketer.
“It has saved me a ton of time researching keywords. I use it for every campaign. So I highly suggest grabbing a copy of Long Tail Pro”
Long Tail Pro Competitors
Other similar tools are also available, with a few of them giving Long Tail Pro a run for their money. Here are two competitive brands below:
KWfinder is a keyword research tool comparable to LTP, KWFinder also produces long-tail keywords. This tool has a pricing scheme similar to the LTP pricing.
You can find hidden long-tail keywords and the keywords your competitor uses. KWFinder also allows you to import keywords in bulk, measure keyword difficulty, and filter useless keywords. Check KWFinder here.
Another great alternative to LTP, the Keyword Tool app is a slightly more expensive version of a long-tail keyword tool. However, you can use also use it for free.
The free version can produce 750+ keywords. If that is enough for you, then feel free to use it free of charge for as long as you want.
One of the advantages this tool has is its ability to receive keyword hints from online stores such as Amazon and eBay. Visit the website here.
Conclusion – Long Tail Pro Review
Long Tail Pro is a magnificent way to get high-intent keywords in bulk and fast. You will love that it can pull in hundreds of relevant keywords per seed keyword.
TIP: The ability of Long Tail Pro to provide scores for keyword competitiveness is an excellent feature. It will give you a competitiveness score for every keyword you select, and, in our opinion, this feature alone is worth the money you will put in.
The competitor analysis is another great feature, allowing users to know how likely they will rank above their competitors in search engines.
The rank tracker of the app is a great addition as well. It is accurate and is extremely easy to use. If you want to see your ranking daily, the rank tracker tool is a must-have for your business.